Saturday, April 30, 2011

One fear conquered....for now

In my last post I was talking about how I was going to try to overcome a few of my fears, public speaking and social anxiety. I started a podcast about sports with a friend and thought it went really well! I wasn't all that nervous but some of the things I was worried about did happen. Listening back to it I noticed I said umm and paused a lot. I lost my train of thought a few times as well.

But you know what, it's ok. I enjoyed myself. I love talking sports but I'm not a professional at it. Maybe if I could get through some of these issues, one day I might pursue it. For the first episode, I thought we did really well and I think I'm going to continue it.

I'm glad I took that step. A few times throughout the day I tried talking myself out of it with made up excuses. I didn't and I feel a lot better about myself for sticking with it. It was one small step but you have to start somewhere....

Here's the link to the podcast and my friend who I did the show with's blog (if you click on the podcast it's the one labeled "Bicoastal Sports")

http://blogtalkradio.com/kevincharity

kevincharity.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment