Thursday, April 28, 2011

What if.....

Everyone asks the question what if this..? what if that..? It's human nature. I don't know what causes me to ask the most ridiculous "what if" questions. What if my car blows up and I'm stuck in it, what if my son gets kidnapped, what if I run into bin Laden? They are innocent enough except for the fact that I play out each and every scenario in my head and it's beyond time consuming. It's to the point where I can't concentrate on important things. 
And speaking of playing out things in my head, have you ever been in a conversation and afterwards thought "I should have said this instead!?" For the last few years I've been doing that going into a conversation. If I know what I'm bringing to the table I'll think of each and every response you could come up with and play it out. It can be a useful tool but it's mostly so I don't have to face confrontation. If the worst was already played out in my head, whatever the reality is can't be any worse. I'm sure it'd be a trip if someone caught me having a conversation with myself though....

No comments:

Post a Comment